Skip to Main Content
Education & Events
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Law Enforcement Memorial Training Grant FY18
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
LAW ENFORCEMENT MEMORIAL TRAINING GRANT APPLICATION - FISCAL YEAR 2018
The LGIT Law Enforcement Memorial Training Grant Program provides $5,000 to a Trust member law enforcement agency to send one candidate to a police training academy for basic training to become a law enforcement officer. Grant funds are awarded to the local government member and may be used to send the designated individual to a state approved police academy training facility and can cover costs related to travel, lodging, course fees, and training materials. This grant will be limited to one local government for one candidate per fiscal year.
Submission Deadline is: September 1, 2017
This grant program is dedicated to the memory of Maryland local government law enforcement personnel lost in the line of duty.
Name of Local Government
Law Enforcement Dept. Operating Budget
Total # of Personnel in LE Department
# of Sworn Officers in LE Department
Contact First Name
Contact Last Name
• This specialized training grant is designed for LGIT members' law enforcement agencies to provide certification training for new police officer recruits. The amount of $5,000 is awarded annually to provide training for one police recruit who will be employed by a Trust member law enforcement agency. Grant funds are awarded to the local government member and may be used to send the designated individual to a state approved police academy training facility and can cover costs related to travel, lodging, course fees, and training materials. This grant will be limited to one local government and one candidate per fiscal year.
• The Risk Management Committee will review all grant applications and make their award determination based on the strength of the member’s application and need of the applying agencies.
• The grant is awarded to the LGIT member not the recruit candidate.
• Grant applications will be reviewed at the Fall Risk Management Committee meeting and the grant will be formally awarded at the LGIT Annual Meeting in October.
THE TRUST RESERVES THE FOLLOWING AS FOLLOW UP TO A GRANT AWARD:
• The recruit candidate must successfully complete all requirements and become a police officer with the member agency that submitted the grant application.
• The recruit candidate after successful completion of training must serve a minimum of three years with the member law enforcement agency.
• If the recruit candidate leaves the employment of the member prior to the three year service time, the officer will reimburse the member agency on a prorated basis ($140 per month) of the outstanding amount of the original grant.
• Grant awards are final and non-transferable.
• Submission deadline is SEPTEMBER 1, 2017.
Upload Supporting Documentation (single pdf)
Applicant's Full Name and Title
Authorized Official's Name and Title
For further information regarding LGIT Grant Programs, please contact:
Larry Bohlen, Director of Field Services at 443.561.1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
Submit and Print
* indicates a required field
Education & Events
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow