What Kinds of Coverage Does LGIT Offer?
The Trust operates the following five major coverage programs:
- Primary Liability - The primary liability pool consists of coverage for general liability, public officials legal liability, employment practices legal liability, police legal liability, automobile liability and automobile physical damage.
- Property - The property pool provides coverage for buildings and contents, combined with optional coverage for flood and earth movement. The property pool continues to provide members with the opportunity to customize coverage to meet individual needs. The property pool further spreads its risk by purchasing insurance (i.e. reinsurance) from NLC-MIC and Alliant Insurance.
- Equipment Breakdown (aka Boiler and Machinery) - The equipment breakdown (boiler and machinery) coverage provides a $100,000,000 limit for mechanical and electrical breakdown of your building and structure equipment.
- Excess Liability Program - The excess liability pool provides members with excess coverage over LGIT’s primary liability pool. Members in the excess pool must either be a member of LGIT’s primary liability pool or self-insure for the first $1,000,000 - the Trust will not provide excess coverage over commercial insurance. Limits of liability range from a minimum of $1,000,000 to a maximum of $5,000,000 of the primary liability limit. The excess pool further spreads its risk by purchasing insurance (i.e. reinsurance) from the National League of Cities Mutual Insurance Company.
- Environmental Impairment Liability - Pollution legal liability is an environmental insurance policy that helps cover the environmental risks associated with owning or operating a facility or site. It can provide environmental coverage for losses due to on- or off-site pollution conditions from an owned or operated property, coverage for pollution conditions resulting from transportation of wastes or products and coverage for non-owned disposal site-related environmental liabilities. The storage tank liability insurance policy provides coverage for third-party bodily injury and property damage, and also provides coverage for corrective action and cleanup as required by applicable federal and state regulations.