Resources for Reporting Claims
A claim is an assertion of a legal right alleging liability or responsibility on the part of an insured arising out of an occurrence or wrongful act.
Steps to Take When a Potential Claim Occurs
If a potential claim occurs, please follow these steps:
- Gather information to provide proper defense:
- Interview all parties involved
- Obtain insurance information for possible
- Write complete reports.
- Identify all witnesses by name with phone numbers
- Be sure to avoid potential disclosure of all internal
Review the Claims Reporting Process
Refer to the Claims Procedures Presentation
for a brief overview of the claims reporting process.
For more in-depth claims information, please reference the Claims Manual and other helpful publications on the Claims Services Publications page